How to buy a good meat grinder?
Meat grinder is a machine which helps to finely chop vegetables, meat, fish and other stuff. It is one of the best appliances which a chef can have. However, it is necessary to choose the right kind of meat grinder. This article will help you select the best meat grinder.
There are a few factors which need to be considered while buying a meat grinder. They are –
- Meat Quantity: The first thing you look for when you are buying a meat grinder is its capacity i.e. the amount of meat it can grind. If you are a regular user then it is worth buying a meat grinder. But, if you seldom use meat then a hand grinder is best suggested. If you are having a large family or you like making dishes such as sausages on your own then you would want a meat grinder which is powerful enough. Electric grinders are suggested as the best ones as you can find various grinders with different powers.
- Stand Mixers: If you use meat in a small quantity and you have a stand mixer at home then all you need is a grinding attachment. You need not buy the whole meat grinder.
- Quality: If you are a huge fan of meat or sausages, then you should purchase a good quality meat grinder. Make sure the meat grinder is not made up of aluminum or plastic because it will not last for a long time. A good quality meat grinder should have a powerful motor with parts of the grinder made up of stainless steel, a heavy-duty handle and also a complete set of accessories and attachments.
- Size of the grinder: Make sure you get the right size of grinder according to your needs. The size of the grinder is indicated by their numbering. They start from #5 and go up to #32. These numbers indicate the diameter of the feeding tube and grinding plate. Remember small size grinders usually have low-power. So if you are looking for a powerful grinder, then go for big size grinders.
- Grinding material: When you are buying a grinder, make sure you decide what you want to grind. If you are buying it for your pet, then you should buy a big meat grinder so that it can handle both meat and bones. For example, if you buy a meat grinder of size #22 or #32, then you can put a leg piece into it without cutting it into small pieces.
- Budget: This is a very important factor you need to consider when you are buying anything. A basic meat grinder will have the same functioning no matter for what price you buy it. But do not get carried away by the fascinating offers you see. Make sure you buy a good meat grinder with the budget you have. It would be better if you check for a good quality meat grinder in at least two or three shops so that you get a fair idea about the basic features you are supposed to get.
Keeping the above-mentioned factors in mind can help you in buying a suitable meat grinder very easily.