A balance bike is also commonly known as a run bike. It is used to train kids to balance and steer. These bikes are specially made without pedals and drive train.
Why balance bikes?
Balance bicycles are actually much safer to learn on. These bicycles help children to concentrate on balancing rather than pedaling. It is much easier to learn steering as well, instead of tricycles. When the children are confident about balancing, they can switch over to the regular bicycles. This way we can ensure fewer falls and accidents.
Parents realize that it is no longer a waste to invest in a balance bike for their precious ones, any longer. In fact, it is economical to invest in a balance bike because of wear and tear with frequent crashes and rough handling.
The very young ones take pride at the thought of riding a bike and owning one. All children adore independence and they feel a sense of accomplishment before their seniors, actually feel at par.
Most of the people in the world are restricted in their living room, watching television with their kids, which we all know is terribly harmful for both physical health and mental health. The little ones need not be confined once they are given a balance bike. They themselves take full initiative and interest to enjoy their bike outdoors.
A survey report states that children using balance bikes ride pedal bikes faster than those who use training wheels. They do not require supervision and help to ride a run bike. It is indeed a great relief for the parents!
Best balance bike have different models and ranges to offer. Some of them are:
- Strider 12 Classic No-Pedal Balance Bike – This is the best selling balance bike in the world. It is the most light weighted, comfortable, with adjustable seat and handlebars and EVA polymer tires.
- Strider 12 Sport No-pedal Balance bike is also unique. With five spoke wheels for smoother and safer rides, low maintenance cost, no pedal and chain, this bike surely spells well. Also it is adjustable for a wide range age group (18 months to 5 years) and this bike stands honorably in the review voting.
- Kazam Classic Balance Bike is also a masterpiece to own. Amazing air filled tyres, quick release saddle adjustment, raised molded seat, easy step in foot rest, friction free metal headset, both top and bottom ball bearings and steel pokes all add up to the beauty of this balance bike.
- Royal Baby Lil’ Jammer is a cute choice for the little ones. It is not so expensive and has a wide range of colors. It is a product of Royal Baby, a company dedicated only for the production of children’s products – a name to be trusted. It has foot brakes, cushy seat, 12 inch steel rims with smooth tires, t-handle bar and comfortable grips.
- Kazam v2e is specially meant for children in the age group of 3 years to 6 years. The tires used are puncture resistant, with clamps are given for easy adjustability of seats and ergonomic frame for correct feet balance.
There are many such models of balance bikes available with special characteristic features to suit the kids. It is a good idea to browse through the reviews before acquiring one.