Honeywell LYNX Touch 5100 Home Security System
The Honeywell LYNX Touch 5100 home security system is a self-contained wireless unit. It features a handy full color touch screen which makes operation a breeze because of the intuitive prompts and graphic icons. This model has home automation capabilities, control capabilities, and advanced alarm communications. The Wi-Fi communications module provides users with an inexpensive solution for alarm communications and remote services. It also saves time on installation because there are no wires to run, and in turn, saves the homeowner money on monthly operations.
This home security system may be used as the primary security system, or as a back-up. The 4G radio works to locate the best possible signal in the area. These advancements make it possible for dealers to provide service to customers who use mobile phones, POTS lines, or VoIP to access their security system.
Honeywell LYNX Touch 5100 lets the user manage security, thermostats, lighting, and other functions all from one unit, using a Z-Wave module for connectivity. Homeowners may operate the unit directly from the panel or by using a Wi-Fi enabled Android tablet keypad which is sold separately as an optional accessory. Using this security system along with Honeywell Total Connect Remote Services allows users to control several functions simply by using their personal computer or smartphone. Units can be operated from locations all over the world, giving the homeowner peace of mind whether down the street, or hundreds of miles away from home.
The Honeywell LYNX Touch 5100 features one hard wired zone, up to 64 zones of which 48 are programmable, internal RJ31X option, programmable trigger output, Wi-Fi module option,and will support wireless bidirectional keypads.
* Other Features of the Honeywell LYNX Touch 5100
– Sixteen programmable reminders
– Speaker phone operation
– Wall mount or desk mount options
– Remote phone control
– Exit error feature which detects if an actual alarm sounded or if it was due to a door being left open after an exit delay had expired
– Detects RF jams
– Event log data stores viewable data for the last 128 events
– Offers sixteen user codes and three panic functions
– Allows for a quick exit in which the alarm will not sound if someone leaves the premises
– Hinged cover allows for ease of installation
– Clock display that shows real time
– Offers a family message center where users may record messages to each other
– Announces zone and system status through a voice announcement feature
The Honeywell LYNX Touch 5100 home security system is a great, affordable way to keep an eye on your home while you are away. At around a cost of $279, this is a small price to pay for the peace of mind the homeowner will have knowing that their home, property, and family members are safe and sound. The ease of installing and using this system makes it a good choice for those new to home security systems. From the simplest task of turning a light on at home before returning late at night, to deterring would be thieves from breaking and entering the premises, this alarm system will keep your home safe while keeping unsavory trespassers on their toes.